Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting (the “Meeting”) of THE NYSTAGMUS NETWORK (the “Charity”) will be held at The Horton Suite, the Burlington Hotel ,126 New Street, Birmingham B2 4JQ on Saturday 29 September 2018 at 15:45.
You will be asked to consider and vote on the resolutions below. Resolutions 1, 2, 3 and 5 require the assent of a simple majority of the members voting at the meeting. Resolutions 4 and 6 require the assent of not less than two-thirds of the members voting at the meeting.
- THAT the following officers and executive committee be reappointed for the next year:
- Honorary President – Vivien Jones
- Chair – Richard Wilson OBE
- Secretary – Sam Jones
- Treasurer – Vicky Pitman
- Committee members – Frances Lilley, Peter Greenwood, Tim Cuddeford, Deborah McManamon, Mary Elliott, James Ronson, Mitch Pender, Claire Brinn, Marie Turnbull.
- THAT Andrew Black be appointed as Independent Examiner of the Charity;
- THAT the conversion of the Charity from an unincorporated trust to a charitable incorporated organisation (“CIO”) be and is hereby approved;
- THAT the constitution of the CIO proposed by the trustees in the form enclosed with the Notice of Annual General Meeting, a copy of which shall be initialled by the chairman of the Charity at the Meeting, be adopted as the constitution of the CIO;
- THAT subject to incorporation of the CIO and registration with the Charity Commission, the trustees be authorised to transfer the business, assets and liabilities of the Charity to the CIO; and
- THAT subject to the transfer of the business, assets and liabilities of the Charity to the CIO, the Charity be dissolved.
By order of the Trustees
Richard Wilson OBE
Trustee and Chairman of the Nystagmus Network
Nystagmus Network, 15 Robinia Green. Southampton, SO16 8EQ