Missed the Nystagmus Network virtual Open Day?
No problem! All the presentations are now available to view online. To receive your digital programme containing all the links please
- Joanne Roughton-Arnold chats with Sue; opera singer, founder of FormidAbility, soprano voice of Rising Phoenix and Nystagmus Network member, our very special guest chats with Sue about growing up with nystagmus and shares her thoughts on a career in the performing arts.
- An interview and readings with Claire Entwistle; writer, researcher and body psychotherapist, Claire, chats with Sue about her book ‘What seems to be the trouble?’ and her lifelong pursuit of therapies for nystagmus.
- research updates by key nystagmus researchers from across the UK (The School of Optometry and Vision Sciences, Cardiff University; The Ulverscroft Eye Unit, University of Leicester; Royal Eye Infirmary, Plymouth; Academic Unit of Ophthalmology and Orthoptics, University of Sheffield; University of Southampton and Southampton General Hospital.
- Visiting a High Street Optometrist; Jayshree Vasani FBDO, a Dispensing Optician and Sarah Arnold BSc Hons MCOptom, Optometrist tell us about the services available to people with nystagmus.
- Resilience and how to boost it; resilience is the ability to overcome adversity, reduce stress and bounce back from setbacks. In her presentation, Alison Blackman QTVI explains how to boost resilience in young people with nystagmus.
- Going to university with nystagmus; Tara Chattaway from the Thomas Pocklington Trust talks you through the 5 steps to successful university application, including choosing a university, getting support and student finance.
- Special Education Needs support for children with nystagmus: an update on the legal position in schools in England and in Wales
- exhibition of assistive technology
For children and young people
Nothing will stop us … take part in our fabulous Open Day competition. Nystagmus doesn’t stop me … competition details here.
An exciting new account on Instagram. If you are 13 years old or more, please like, follow and contribute.