The Nystagmus Network has signed up to the Vision UK 2020 Year of Vision 5 priorities.
Vision UK is the independent partnership organisation which works for the benefit of blind and partially sighted people, their communities and the general population, including those at risk of sight loss. They work with national and regional organisations in the eye health and sight loss sector, and beyond.
Vision UK hopes that 2020 will be a big year for eye health and sight loss and would like to make it the “Year of Vision”.
They have put together five objectives for Vision UK members and associates to sign up to:
1) Together we will raise awareness of the need for medical research to encourage investment in eye health.
2) Together we will promote better eye health to prevent sight loss.
3) Together we will advocate for improved eye care and the best possible support for children and adults living with vision impairment.
4) Together we will celebrate those having a positive impact on people’s vision and daily lives.
5) Together we will work towards equality for people who are blind or partially sighted.
The Nystagmus Network is proud to have signed up.
Matt Broom, CEO of Vision UK said: “It’s great to have the Nystagmus Network on board.”