How to contact a QTVI

Each local authority has a specialist service for vision impairment to assess, give advice and support parents, early years settings, the vision impaired child or young person and later on, schools and colleges.

The title for vision impairment services differs across local authorities. Search for your service on the Local Offer page of your local authority’s website.Referrals to a QTVI can also be made by an Ophthalmologist or Heath Visitor.

It may be worth trying different search words on your Local Offer page:

  • Inclusion Team (check it covers vision impairment)
  • Sensory Service(s)
  • Vision Impairment service
  • Visual Impairment service

Alternatively search RNIB Sightline which is the RNIB directory for services aimed at helping blind or partially sighted people.