Part 1 contains general information on vision impairment.
Part 2 focuses on vision impairment in the Early Years.
Part 3 focuses on school years and it also has a section on ‘into adulthood’ plus additional resources and a glossary.
The information relevant to Early Years covers:
- Understanding vision impairment
- The development of vision in infants and young children
- Who can help including health, education, social care professionals
- Learning to communicate, listen and read
- Developing the senses and lighting and visual stimulation
- Objects and toys and making play and learning fun
- Mobility and safety
- Choosing a school