The playground is an important social space for your child, a place to build confidence and teach children how to socialise. Ask your QTVI for input and advice to ensure the playground is accessible for your child both physically and in terms of inclusion.
The physical environment
Ask your QTVI or habilitation officer to perform a physical audit of the playground alongside your child if appropriate, to identify obstacles and hazards and to provide solutions.
- Buddy bench for friends to come to
- Organised inclusive group games in playground
- Organise board games / other activities inside or outside with chosen friends
- Friends to wear yellow bibs if appropriate
- Staff to monitor VI child’s inclusion