If 50 people each walked 10 miles and raised £100 in sponsorship, that would be £5,000 for nystagmus research.
Why 500 miles?
That’s roughly the distance you’d cover if you walked from one UK nystagmus research centre to all the others. Let’s see if we can do it!
Starting at University Hospital, Plymouth, calling at The University of Southampton, Cardiff University, Moorfields, London, The University of Leicester, you’d eventually arrive at the University of Sheffield some 565 miles later. But you can walk just 10 miles.
What would £5,000 buy?
Here’s a list of just some of the things Nystagmus Network trustees could invest £5,000 in:
- diagnostic equipment for use in a research or clinical setting
- an academic post to focus on an aspect of nystagmus
- a brand new in person nystagmus research trial
How to set up your 10 mile walk
- Decide on your route – you can build up your 10 miles with lots of shorter walks over several days
- Set up your Justgiving page for your sponsors here; we’ll help you promote it
- Download a sponsor form here for your offline donations
- Tell all your friends and family about your walk
- Tell the Nystagmus Network!